Sunday, October 16, 2011

Koral X-Trech BJJ Pants

The background
After 3 months of searching and reading forums, my expedition for a new pair of BJJ pants ended like a fairy tale. It all started about 6 months ago back in April-ish, while at class. We were doing some squats to warm up with when all the sudden I heard a rippppppp followed by a cool breeze. Don't get me wrong, I loved my A-5 Fuji gi. I'd worn it for about 3 years, but now the pants had a ginormous crack right next to mine.

The arrival
So, after many visits to the KoralUSA website, I decided to purchase a pair of the "X-Trech" black ripstop pants. A whopping $70.00 later they arrived in all their glory. My first thought when I touched them was how good they were going to feel while I was rolling an omaplata on a poor unsuspecting soul at Jiu-jitsu class.

The fit
As soon as I tried them on I was in love. They were the best fitting BJJ pants I've ever had. I did have a couple of concerns before buying them. One, I know Koral is notorious for having tight fitting pants. They taper the legs so to have less of a grip for would be pants grabbers. This isn't a problem for the "X-Trech" pants. The A5s I have don't have a noticeable taper, if they even have one at all. Two, I'm a big guy. 6'4"-265 lbs. Don't get me wrong I don't have a gut (well not a big one anyway) I'm just a large human. These pants are meant for me. They will fit a taller and rounder person than I am by far.

The material
I was also concerned with the durability of the ripstop fabric. After the first class, I'm not concerned any more. They took everything without budging a bit.

Conclusion
Koral has made an excellent pair of BJJ pants. If they were to match up the "X-Trech" pants with one of their ripstop Gi tops in a package deal then I think they would be the top selling Gi world wide!

Koral "X-Trech" pants are worth every penny and will last me for years. This blog post is a sweet little shout out to them for doing their job well. THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?